Saturday, May 18, 2013

Starry Knight

For this card I used Clearly Digi Stamps' digi called "Knight Marshmallow Roast" and you can find it in the newly opened store.  Included with the purchase many different versions including this B&W  .png which I used in order to layer over Snip Snap Scraps' digi paper, then I colored it in with my markers.  CDS digis also come with each element in different formats (example, the dragon by itself, and each has a color and b&w version and each comes in jpg and png so there are actually 16 files in this kit).

I used Silhouette Studio DE to layer the image, star paper and the ground and merged it with a nesting frame, then added a mat for layering after the pieces were cut.  The paper stars are from a punch then as if the buttons didn't already overdo the star theme, I randomly added some gold star sequins.


The colored fire on the inside is another stamp that is included in the set.  I just layered it over the flattened digital elements on the front of the card and created a blank space for a hand written message.


P.S.  I am not affiliated with CDS in any way, I just love this shop!!!

The sketch is by Digi Sketch Challenge



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

ABC Challenge N for Not Just One
Card Makin Mamas #69: Punches
Craft Your Passion #162: Child's Play
Crafts 4 Eternity #124: Sweet Tooth
Creative Craft #10: Just Checking
Digi Sketch Sketch/For the Boys
Paper Makeup Stamps The Great Outdoors
QKR Stampede #39: Children

Sentiment by Me
Recollections Star Punch
Ribbon, star buttons and star sequins from stash

8 comments:

  1. Such a cuddly dragon, and the colours work well together. Really sweet :)


    ******************************
    Saffire dragon crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the digi! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, the image is so cute :) Thanks for joining us at Digi Sketch Challenges this time, Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Bright card! I love that image and the layout. Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Thank you sooooo much for doing an awesome job with his image!! I love the black starry night ground bg paper. Did I say how much I love love love this!! Oh Patrick liked it too and said you did a great job coloring...he really likes how you did the dragon!!

    Just a reminder!
    Clearly Digi Stamps Blog Hop Today and Freebie images every Sun and Thursday this month. (actually 2 Freebies right now till Monday....they are cute!!)
    See you there!
    http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/

    Kathy D.
    Clearly Digi Stamps DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, love the take on the night scene! Thank you for playing with us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! DT, if I miss the mark on a challenge, please send me a private e-mail? And I apologize in advance if I misunderstand the rules.

If you're a recent follower, please post a comment with your blog or send me an e-mail so I can be sure to follow you too!

~Leeann