Thursday, April 25, 2013

Secrets

When I was trying to translate my thoughts into the design of this card, I wasn't feeling it, from the color combo and trying to find just the right papers to figuring out what to do with what looked like a void in that corner with the bow where the ribbons meet.  I found these "3D Flowers" by Lori Whitlock in the Silhouette Cameo store so I bought up all the 3D flowers I could find, yeah, I get a little obsessed in the moment.

I'll admit I was a little intimidated at the number of pieces I needed to come up with the pink one (it's actually 10 parts) but I'm glad I gave it some love with my McGill Blossoms tools.  

I'm all fluttery about the colors and the sketch now... 


Here is Carole's wonderfully inspiring Sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp #153:





I would like to enter this card in the following challenges.  Please show some love by playing along!

Crafty Creations #129: Pink + 1
Crafty Ribbons #44: Anything Goes w/Ribbon
IDIC #156: Make your own flowers
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #124: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes
Sunday Sketch & Stamp #153: Carole's Sketch
The Ribbon Girl Color challenge
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps #58: Pretty In Pink

Sentiment - my own design
Pink and Yellow flowers by Lori Whitlock (full range here)
Ribbon, other flowers, charm from stash

12 comments:

  1. Love your card--it is so bright and cheerful! Love the cute image, the pretty papers & colors, your take on the sketch, and your fab flowers! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Those little girls are so sweet and awesome sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us in our not square challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, wrong team. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do love your gorgeous pretty card, sweet image and colours.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the colours, great card, thanks for joiing us at Robyns Fetish challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Leeann, great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week @ Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. Bright colour and funny image. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card
    Thanks so much for sharing at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight
    :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck.

    Caz xx (PPC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! DT, if I miss the mark on a challenge, please send me a private e-mail? And I apologize in advance if I misunderstand the rules.

If you're a recent follower, please post a comment with your blog or send me an e-mail so I can be sure to follow you too!

~Leeann