Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet Birthday

Here's a card for a sweet birthday girl.  I went pretty basic today, except for the bow that I learned to tie with my fingers via a tutorial by Ginny at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I usually break out the mini Bowdabra, but this double bow looks so much more natural.  Since the grossgrain ribbon here has a pattern on one side, I just gave it a little twist while wrapping it.  Easy!


I used this sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy for my card:


And the color pallette from Chocolate, Coffee & Cards made me a little hungry:


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge #139: Hats
Challenges 4 Everybody #18: Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #38: Color Inspiration Black, White and Pink
Come and Get it Kids Birthday Cards
Fairies Challenge #5: For a Lady
Great Impressions Pastel Colors and/or Polka Dots
Inky Chicks Happy Birthday Girl
Lexi's Creations #88: Add Lace and/or Ribbon
One Stitch at a Time #159: Bright Colors
Paper Makeup Stamps #84: Girly
Paper Nest Dolls #2: Happy Happy Birthday
QKR Stampede #34: For a Child
Seems a Little Sketchy #37: Sketch
Simply Create Too #35: Use Your Stash ribbon
The Corrosive Challenge #172: Life's Special Occasions

Digi:  
     Bugaboo Stamps - Brat Cupcake Wagon
     SK Digis - Birthday Sentiments
Papers by Brandi White
Ribbon from Stash
Recollections Bling

16 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty Leeann! I'm loving the gorgeous polka dots and your bow is fantastic!
    Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable card! I love your image and your coloring is lovely, not to mention your awesome bow! Super job! Thanx for sharing your creation with us at CC&CC. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUPER cute.... thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet birthday card! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Color Inspiration
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I LOVE the pink and black.. just adorable! Love all the polka dots too!! This is a fantastic card!! Thanks a lot for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time! Good luck :) I hope you play along with us for our next challenge!

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. love how you colored the image from Bugaboo. and the design is perfect for the image. Thanks for sharing at Come and Get It this week.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card! Love the colors and the bow looks really perfect!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again! Your card is really lovely and your design is fab, love it!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    QKR Stampede Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE card !!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge ...(( hugs ))

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet sweet card!!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at OSAAT Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pink and black combination! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific card. I love those gemstone "sparkles." How clever of you to use them.
    Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. This couldn't be any sweeter Leeann! I love dots. Thank you for joining our Happy, Happy Birthday Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so cute! I love the color combination and that sweet image!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Makeover!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so, so sweet! I love the black and white polka dot paper... one of my favorite products to work with! And the digi stamp is too cute. :)

    Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! DT, if I miss the mark on a challenge, please send me a private e-mail? And I apologize in advance if I misunderstand the rules.

If you're a recent follower, please post a comment with your blog or send me an e-mail so I can be sure to follow you too!

~Leeann