Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Say Cheese!

Birdie Brown has a Freebie Challenge this month.  If you've never checked out her shop, you should definitely have a look at her blog.

Here is my card for this month's image.  I used "Carrie's Sketch" from Sketch Saturday #253.  I really loved working with it.


I tried, without much success, to capture the shimmery & glittery details of the Creative Inspirations Paint on the flowers and parts of the camera and glitter on the bird and other parts of the camera. 


And the shocker, this card is done on the inside too!  I gave it a go and added a photo to the inside white circle and I loved the way it looked but adhered the blank one for this post.  This image couldn't be more appropriate for cards made for sharing photos with a loved one.



I would like the enter this card in the following challenges:

Birdie Brown Freebies challenge
Card Mania #18: Punches and or Diecuts
crafts 4 eternity #118: Color Recipe "Sweet Spring"
Creative Inspirations Spring Colors
Foever Friends #59: Diecuts/Punches
Incy Wincy Designs Out of the Box
Kaboodle Doodles #166: Use Any Shade of Pink
My Mum's Craft Shop Easter or Easter Colors
Ribbon Carousel Blog #80: Showers and Flowers
Sketch Saturday #253: Carrie's Sketch
Through the Craftroom Door Anything Goes

Supplies:
Digi: Birdie Brown - Camera & Little Bird and Oh Snap
Digi Paper:  Eye Inspire - Birthday Hearts
Doily from Silhouette Studio
Creative Inspirations Paint in Fairy Dust
Studio G Glitter Glue
Celebrate It ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Very lovely card! Love the images and beautiful colors! I have trouble getting good pics of my glittered images also. I can see some glitter on your card, it looks great! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs!
    Jackie DT
    I have blog candy, if you're interested!
    Schoolinandscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea for a personal photo card, Leeann! Love the image and gorgeous colours you've put together as well as the pretty flittering of glitter :)
    Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok it is official this is Fantabulous. Love the bird stamp, colors uh I say everythng. thanks for joining us at CI Paints!!

    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely!! I'm so glad to see that you used two of my freebies on this card. Thank you for joining this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Pretty I just love all the colors you used and everything else about the card
    Thank you for joining us at Creative inspiration paints.
    CI design team member
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and good morning, Your card is so beautiful l just love that shape and your embellishments used are perfect for our challenge at Forever Friends "Dies/Punches good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a super fun card - Thanks so much for playing with my sketch at SS this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! I love the color palette and design! The birds and camera are super fun. I love the subtle shimmer! Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smile! Thanks for joining Forever Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever make! It does look like a fun image and card to make. Perfect photos like you said! Thanks so much for joining us at Forever Friends Challenge this fortnight!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! Really beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
    Hugs, Mila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! DT, if I miss the mark on a challenge, please send me a private e-mail? And I apologize in advance if I misunderstand the rules.

If you're a recent follower, please post a comment with your blog or send me an e-mail so I can be sure to follow you too!

~Leeann